Position: Drone Operator
We are seeking reliable and responsible aviation professionals who can exercise sound judgment and flight discipline operating our rapidly growing drone fleet in the United States. The ideal candidate must have a hands on approach, be willing to work in small teams and travel to any location that our clients desire.
- Expected to conduct pre-mission planning with CloudD8ta’s clients in a professional and courteous manner and serve as the face of the company on the ground.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the capabilities, limitations, sensor payloads and data processing that the operator is qualified in type.
- Develop flight plans, check NOTAMS, check weather and coordinate airspace integration with any affected controlling agencies or privately owned properties.
- Facilitate pre-mission briefs, complete safety risk assessment prior to flight and after action reviews upon post-flight.
- Perform limited UAS and ground support equipment troubleshooting.
- Solve problems on the ground in real-time and deliver acquired data in a timely manner to the customer.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures in CloudD8ta’s Operations Manual.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Hold a part 107 FAA certificate.
- Current pilot and UAS logs required and should be included in resume.
- Possess a minimum of 500 hours of pilot in command time (PIC) of manned aircraft or substituted with UAS flight time.
- Knowledge of FAA rules and regulations, civilian airspace and aeronautical charts.
- Ability to manage small teams and/or work independently.
- Willingness to travel 3-4 weeks every year.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High ethics standards and commitment to excellence.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Pix4D and survey methods.
- Flexibility in the face of obstacles and a sense of humor.
Interested Applicants: Please send a resume and cover letter to jobs@CloudD8ta.com.
CloudD8ta is a Drones as a Service company. We provide turnkey solutions to acquire, process, and deliver cost-effective, actionable aerial data to enterprise customers. We use drones to get work done faster, better and with superior efficiency.